How can I donate?
What can I donate?
- Good condition clothing for ages up to 16 years old, including muslin cloths, baby towels and bibs.
- Good condition generic school uniform. If donating tights please note we can only accept them if they are still in their packaging.
- Good condition bedding, for moses baskets, cots and beds.
- Sealed baby milk formula, both powered and liquid with at least one month left of the expiry date.
- Sealed baby food with at least one month left of the expiry date.
- Nappies, nappy bags and nappy bin liners.
- Sealed baby wipes.
- Prams and strollers.
- Female sanitary products such as tampons, sanitary towels, maternity pads and breast pads.
- Cots and toddler beds that are still in a safe, usable condition that contain all mattress support beams, screws, bolts etc.
- Safety gates that are still in a safe, usable condition and contain all, screws, bolts etc.
- Good conditional toys for children up to 3 years old.
This is not a definitive list so if there is anything else you have that you feel could benefit someone in need, please get in contact with us.
We can also accept white goods if we have a demand for them but due to storage limitations we ask that you seek organisations to donate them to.
What do you not accept?
Due to legal, hygiene and storage restrictions, we cannot accept the following items:
- Prescription baby milk formula.
- Opened containers of baby milk formula.
- Opened containers of baby food.
- Used bowls, cutlery, teats or anything else used as feeding equipment.
- Used mattresses.
- Used car seats.
What happens to my donation?
For every item donated we assess if it is suitable to pass on. We then sort them into the relevant appeal boxes to be issued to the required family.
If an item is deemed to be unsuitable, such as open milk formula, ripped clothing, etc, it is discarded.
Do you collect?
Depending on the area you live we may collect but for the most part we ask for the items brough to us.
Do you accept money donations?
In short, no.
We are currently looking into becoming a fully registered Scottish charity at which point we may decide to accept financial donations to cover the purchase of high demand and limited stock items.
If you insist on providing a financial donation we may accept if we had an immediate use for it.
What would you buy with money donations?
Any cash donations would go to purchase things we are unable to get from appeals or things that must be bought new, such as car seats, feeding equipment, mattresses, etc.
How can I request help?
We are currently working with health visitors, social workers, schools, and midwives for referrals so if you are in contact with one of these professionals please speak to them.
If you have different circumstances and are not in contact with one of the mentioned professionals, please reach out to us on Facebook or email [email protected].